WhirlyQ™ Spinner Overview
The WhirlyQ® Spinner turns lots of kids at once for maximum playground fun. It provides valuable spinning motion for healthy growth and development, and the swooping spindles provide visual stimulation as well as beauty. With the base platform at transfer height, kids of all abilities can enjoy the swirly action.
- Large, black GripX-textured deck accommodates multiple kids and offers excellent traction and slip-resistance
- Deck height enables easy transfer for inclusive play
- Contains speed limiter for added safety
- Durable galvanized steel frame in your choice of ProShield® color
- Spinner base and top made from durable, UV-stable rotomolded polyethylene in your choice of color
- Surface Mount
- U.S. Patent Number 9,220,988
- Proprioception, Tactile, Vestibular+
- Motor Skills
- Agility, Balance, Coordination, Core Body Strength, Flexibility, Lower Body Strength, Motor Planning, Upper Body Strength
- Cognitive Skills
- Problem Solving
- Social/Emotional Skills
- Cooperation, Imaginative Play, Social Skill Development Learn about Developmental Benefits
- 995 lbs
- ASTM, CSA, EN
- Max Fall Height (ASTM/CSA): 18” (0,46 m)
- Max Fall Height (EN): 40" (1,00 m)
- Min Area Required (ASTM/CSA): 24' 8" diameter (7,52 m diameter)
- Min Area Required (EN): 19' 9" diameter (6,01 m diameter)
All About Color
Color is an important decision, and our products are available in many color options. Contact your consultant to find the colors available for this component.See Color Inspiration
Playground products shown in video may not be appropriate for every age group. Playsystems shown in video are for demonstration purposes only. Product configurations may vary.
Video features the freestanding WhirlyQ™ Spinner.
[video: scene fades into a group of children running to the WhirlyQ™ Spinner. A handful of children jump onto the spinners round platform while three other kids begin to spin their friends. The children giggle and shout as they spin faster and faster. Scene switches to the camera riding with the children as they spin on the WhirlyQ™ Spinner. Children begin to speak to the camera about the WhirlyQ™.]
Girl: I like it has a lot of places to hold on.
Boy: I like how it spins.
[video: scene switches to a elevated view of the children spinning on the WhirlyQ™, Camera switches to a full front view of the children spinning together. Children begin to talk to the camera again about the spinner.]
Girl 2: I like that you can spin and have fun at the same time.
[video: girls on the spinner bend backwards as they are being spun. Camera switches to a view from the spinning platform of a girl as she helps spin the WhirlyQ™. Scene switches to an outer view as children spin and play on the WhirlyQ™. Camera switches to a top down view of the inside of the spinner. Children smile and laugh as they spin their friends. Camera switches to a view up from the spinning platform of a boy as he keeps his balance while spinning. Scene switches to a view of the base of the WhirlyQ™ as children continue to spin and play. The camera pulls for a full view of the kids spinning. Scene fades to black.]
Play System of this Component
We offer the widest range of park and playground equipment to promote healthy lifestyles, encourage skill-building and create unique outdoor experiences. From our playsystems and freestanding playground components to themed designs, site furnishings and more, we’ll help you create a recreation space that welcomes your whole community.
Ages 2 to 12
Freestanding Play events add fun and excitement to new and existing playgrounds! Revitalize your current playground or create a playground design that’s completely unique using Freestanding Play components for kids ages 2 to 5 and 5 to 12.