Regular exercise is a key component to a healthy lifestyle, and when that exercise happens outdoors, the benefits are even greater. Studies have found that compared to indoor exercise, exercising outdoors may contribute to increased energy and reduced anger, tension, and depression. Exposure to sunlight during outdoor fitness also enhances vitamin D production, which provides a boost in mood.
Benefits of Playground Fitness Equipment
Incorporating playground fitness equipment into your park or playground is a great way to increase usage, encourage kids and adults to be active, and improve the health of an entire community.
Outdoor playground exercise equipment removes two of the most common barriers to exercise — time commitment and cost. Playground fitness equipment doesn’t require a gym membership, giving all community members the opportunity to build a free personal exercise program. Playground exercise equipment is also convenient and approachable for people of all ages, abilities, and activity levels, creating a healthy physical activity the entire family can enjoy together.
Why choose our outdoor fitness equipment?
Our manufacturing process and expert team of designers and engineers are committed to creating innovative playground fitness equipment that is unrivaled in the industry. We set the standard for quality with our materials and innovative features:
- Our patent-pending resistance technology on all of our HealthBeat® Outdoor Fitness Stations is tailored specifically to build strength, delivering a workout unlike any other.
- Our climbers and other fitness challenges utilize handgrips to help kids and adults climb safely at every possible angle. These handgrips are designed to mimic the performance and feel of those found on professional climbing walls. And they offer a superior grip to help climbers feel secure whether climbing up, down, or sideways.
- All our outdoor sports and fitness playground equipment is manufactured to withstand years of repeated use and exposure to the elements, so communities and schools can reap the rewards of physical activity for many years.
- We use vandal-resistant, steel-reinforced climbing cable wrapped with polyester yarn instead of nylon that can rub skin the wrong way. Our polyester is easy on hands, UV-stable, and won't fray.
- Our TenderTuff™ Coating also provides a safer grip surface while protecting hands from temperature extremes compared to painted metal.
Adding Fitness Equipment to Your Park & Playground
Whether you’re installing one of our standalone adult playground fitness equipment activities or choose to go with one of our predesigned playground fitness courses or circuits, the important thing is you are providing fitness components that encourage adults and kids to get active. Our playground exercise equipment allows children and adults of varying fitness levels and abilities to challenge their physical fitness.
HealthBeat® — HealthBeat® Outdoor Fitness System targets three core fitness areas through 14 workout stations — muscle strength, cardiovascular health, and balance and flexibility. Your playground can include all 14 stations, focus on just one or two core fitness areas, or mix and match among them. HealthBeat also includes stations that are wheelchair-accessible, encouraging all members of a community to take action to improve their strength and fitness. You decide which stations will best serve your school or community’s fitness needs and space availability.
FitCore™ Extreme — Communities can create custom high-intensity strength training courses to encourage kids, teens, and adults to participate and get fit. FitCore™ Extreme obstacle courses can be designed for teens and adults, or for kids ages 5 to 12. You can create your own by grouping together your favorite challenges or consider one of our predesigned fitness courses.
We are so much more than just the makers of playground fitness equipment, our partnership with KABOOM! strengthens our commitment to promote health and wellness in schools and communities across the country. Together we’re creating new opportunities for kids and adults to be active, fit, and healthy by helping communities plan, build, and integrate outdoor fitness equipment into school and community areas so everyone can enjoy the benefits of a more active lifestyle.
If you interested in freestanding or replacement playground exercise equipment, contact your local playground consultant. Replacement playground fitness equipment must be provided by the original manufacturer to ensure the safest fit and proper connections. If you aren’t sure of the original manufacturer, check for a company name or safety label on the side of the playground exercise equipment.