Color is vital to the human experience. Whether it's innate or learned, it's undeniable that color has a vital impact on how we go about our lives. It can affect the way we feel, think, interact with one another and so much more. Color is a subtle yet powerful communication tool, which is why it's one of the most important decisions that can be made when designing a playground environment. Join our experts to truly understand the power of color, and how it can impact moods, feelings and behaviors on the playground.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units. After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- The basics of color theory and how the development of children's visual skills can be used to influence childhood wellbeing
- That preferences for colors evolve and develop just as children/individuals evolve and develop
- The importance of using research over preference when it comes to selecting color
- The impact color has in the built environment including on the playground
We're an Authorized Provider of CEUs
Landscape Structures has been approved as an Authorized Provider by IACET, LA CES™ and AIA.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
2201 Cooperative Way
Herndon, VA 20171
American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
636 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001-3736
The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
1735 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006-5292
CEU’s will be provided to learners meeting the following requirements:
1. Be present for 95% of the duration of the learning event
2. Participate in activities and discussions throughout
3. Complete assessment with a passing score of 80%
4. Complete feedback/evaluation survey.