Sensory-related disabilities are the fastest growing disability category among children today. In this presentation, we define this spectrum of childhood disabilities that is much broader than autism. Design strategies will be presented on how to create play spaces so that these children and their families can successfully GET there, PLAY there and STAY there, while having tons of fun.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units. After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- The concept of a multi-dimensional spectrum for typical children and those with a variety of childhood medical conditions that impact learning
- How to incorporate design strategies that help these visitors be able to GET to the play space
- How to incorporate design strategies that help these visitors be able to PLAY at the play space
- How to incorporate design strategies that help these visitors be able to STAY at the play space
We're an Authorized Provider of CEUs
Landscape Structures has been approved as an Authorized Provider by IACET, LA CES™ and AIA.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
2201 Cooperative Way
Herndon, VA 20171
American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
636 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001-3736
The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
1735 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006-5292
CEU’s will be provided to learners meeting the following requirements:
1. Be present for 95% of the duration of the learning event
2. Participate in activities and discussions throughout
3. Complete assessment with a passing score of 80%
4. Complete feedback/evaluation survey.