Playgrounds are a place for play and learning, where children develop physical and cognitive skills, and where they build valuable social relationships. It’s about creating spaces where all kids can explore in a variety of settings, addressing a variety of interests, senses and skills. This education session will provide an overview of the 10-step process—from connecting community members to planning, designing, promoting and funding—to develop an inclusive playspace.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units. After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- The inclusive playground definition and its benefits to people of all ages and abilities.
- Step-by-step process of managing an inclusive playground project.
- Best practices for successful community engagement, participation and activation.
We're an Authorized Provider of CEUs
Landscape Structures has been approved as an Authorized Provider by IACET, LA CES™ and AIA.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
2201 Cooperative Way
Herndon, VA 20171
American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
636 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001-3736
The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
1735 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006-5292
CEU’s will be provided to learners meeting the following requirements:
1. Be present for 95% of the duration of the learning event
2. Participate in activities and discussions throughout
3. Complete assessment with a passing score of 80%
4. Complete feedback/evaluation survey.