Invest in Your Community
Does your school, neighborhood or organization need a new or updated playground? These projects can get expensive, but they are great investments for your community. A great park or school playground provides a safe and healthy place for children to stay active, improve their social skills and fight off childhood obesity. And playgrounds strengthen families and communities.
While we know creating a play space takes money, the good news is that there are many organizations that allocate funds for playground projects. Playground grants are just one way you can get the funds you need to make your project happen.
Finding Playground Grants
There are many grant programs available, you just have to know where to look for them. There are federal and state programs that award grants for playgrounds and physical fitness equipment. More and more corporations like Lowe's, Aetna Foundation, Hasbro and Wal-Mart also offer grants for park and playground projects.
Request our Playground Grant Guide
While Landscape Structures does not offer grants directly, each year we update our Grant Guide to include listings of federal and state programs as well as grants offered by corporations. Use this as a resource to help your organization fund your purchase of new commercial playground equipment. For the most up-to-date information, contact us at 888.438.6574 to request your Grant Guide or contact your local playground consultant.
To assist you in navigating our more than 40-page guide, we’ve divided it into national grant funding organizations, organizations that provide grants regardless of location, and geographic-specific grant funding organizations, grants provided to nonprofits based on the location or area being served. There are also a few international grant opportunities included.
Preparation is Key to Securing Playground Grants
To some, writing a playground grant sounds like an overwhelming task. But with proper planning and tools, you can be effectively secure funds for your new community or school playground. Use the following 10 tips to help ensure success in your playground grant writing process:
- Understand the purpose of the grant and write to the grant requirements
- Establish goals and activities that are clear
- Outline your proposal before you begin writing
- Write clearly, concisely and professionally
- Write as if you have already been funded for the grant and are explaining what you will be doing
- Make sure the proposal answers each question asked
- Be sure to consult with required stakeholders and get appropriate approvals to submit the grant early in the process
- The appearance of your proposal matters; use visuals when possible
- Read and edit your proposal in its entirety
- Have someone not familiar with your program read the proposal for clarity