Nearly 200,000 injuries that require emergency room treatment occur annually on public playgrounds. These injuries can be prevented with proper playground design and standardized inspection and maintenance program. This continuing education session will highlight the primary causes of playground injuries and discuss the responsibilities owners as well as manufacturers have for providing and maintaining safe playgrounds.
Poor maintenance is the major cause of at least one third of all reported playground injuries.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units. After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- There are primary causes of playground injuries that occur annually on public playgrounds.
- How to spot potential hazards on a playground.
- The applicable standards and also manufacturer’s and owner’s responsibilities.
- Setting up a routine audit and inspection program is essential for proper playground maintenance.
We're an Authorized Provider of CEUs
Landscape Structures has been approved as an Authorized Provider by IACET, LA CES™ and AIA.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
2201 Cooperative Way
Herndon, VA 20171
American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
636 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001-3736
The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
1735 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006-5292
CEU’s will be provided to learners meeting the following requirements:
1. Be present for 95% of the duration of the learning event
2. Participate in activities and discussions throughout
3. Complete assessment with a passing score of 80%
4. Complete feedback/evaluation survey.