Statistics on obesity rates and sedentary lifestyle changes over generations illustrate the need for community changes and the importance of motivating kids to be active. This continuing education session will provide tips for creating playground designs to get and keep kids active, and help you make a positive and healthy impact on your community.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units. After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- Several fitness benefits can be gained on the playground.
- Each fitness benefit is crucial to healthy child development.
- Various playground components provide specific fitness benefits.
- Playgrounds can be designed for maximum physical fitness benefits.
We're an Authorized Provider of CEUs
Landscape Structures has been approved as an Authorized Provider by IACET, LA CES™ and AIA.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
2201 Cooperative Way
Herndon, VA 20171
American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
636 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001-3736
The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
1735 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006-5292
CEU’s will be provided to learners meeting the following requirements:
1. Be present for 95% of the duration of the learning event
2. Participate in activities and discussions throughout
3. Complete assessment with a passing score of 80%
4. Complete feedback/evaluation survey.