As our population continues to age, communities must continue to stay livable and usable to all because the reality is we’re designing these communities for our future selves. According to the World Health Organization, by 2050 2 billion people will be over the age of 60. This takes a look at the evolution of our aging population and age-integration trends, and will address how intentionally designed parks contribute to healthy lifestyles, keep older adults engaged and combat common ageist beliefs.
We are authorized to provide .1 CEUs, 1 LUs and 1 PDHs, which meet Health, Safety and Welfare credits. We also offer AIA credit including nano units. After this 60-minute Learning Academy session, you’ll have an understanding of the following learning objectives:
- The necessity of intergenerational spaces and their importance in all communities as our population ages.
- The benefits of escaping ageist beliefs and promoting an active societal contribution using shared sites.
- Best practices to support multigenerational park design.
We're an Authorized Provider of CEUs
Landscape Structures has been approved as an Authorized Provider by IACET, LA CES™ and AIA.
International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)
2201 Cooperative Way
Herndon, VA 20171
American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
636 Eye Street NW
Washington, DC 20001-3736
The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
1735 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006-5292
CEU’s will be provided to learners meeting the following requirements:
1. Be present for 95% of the duration of the learning event
2. Participate in activities and discussions throughout
3. Complete assessment with a passing score of 80%
4. Complete feedback/evaluation survey.