What's Happening at Landscape Structures
On Sept. 28, we joined forces with U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in creating healthy, sustainable schools with the Green Apple Day of Service. Watch the video
Landscape Structures sponsored the 2013 Play for Life Symposium on Oct. 18 in Chicago. The day was filled with lots of enthusiasm and discussions about inclusions across many environments including schools, playgrounds, and children's museums.
Attention Parks & Recreation Professionals: Let us help you enhance your professional development by applying for our State Association Speaker Scholarship program. Learn more and apply today
Principals from across the nation build a new playground at John Ruhrah Elementary School in Baltimore as part of the community service component of their National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) conference. See more
- Landscape Structures Inc., and its local consultants, Habitat Systems Inc., joined more than 150 Circle K International volunteers to install new playground equipment at Sir Wilfrid Laurier Elementary and Sir Wilfrid Laurier Annex in Vancouver, demonstrating their motto—Live to Serve, Love to Serve.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Landscape Structures has been named one of the Top Workplaces 2013 by the Star Tribune.
- In April, Barb King, our late co-founder, was inducted into the Minnesota Women Business Owners Hall of Fame. Barb was honored for her business innovation, leadership and the legacy she left for future generations of Minnesota business women. Barb was one of 25 women entrepreneurial leaders—20 living and 5 posthumous—who were the first inductees into the Hall of Fame.
- In support of Earth Day, teams of Landscape Structures employees handed out over 1,200 herb gardens herbs to students and teachers at Delano Elementary School and patrons at local grocery store. Watch the video.
- Jim Roberts, member of the Napa Valley Kiwanis, was honored with Landscape Structures' Legacy of Play award for his dedicated years of service bringing 58 new playgrounds to the Napa Valley area over the past 14 years.
- Habitat Systems Inc., a Western Canada-based park, playground and landscape equipment supplier, was named 2012 Rep Organization of the Year for their strong customer commitment.
- Steve King, Cofounder and Chairman, wrote A Legacy of Play, a book that details the history of Landscape Structures and the direction he sees the playground industry heading.
Landscape Structures in the News
Landscape Structures was featured on the broadcasts of KSTP, the local ABC affiliate. The story discussed how playgrounds provide natural-setting therapy for kids with Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD), and featured Dr. Lucy Jane Miller, our partner from the STAR Center, and a local parent of two children with SPD. Watch now
- October is National Anti-Bulling Month, our local FOX affiliate, KMSP, featured a Landscape Structures' inclusive playground at Groveland Elementary in Minnetonka, Minn. to highlight their success in reducing bullying during recess. Watch the video.
- Landscape Structures' Recess program encouraged employees to take at least 10 minutes each day to get outside and get active. See employees participating in a variety of recess activities, and hear from individuals who participated in this summer's challenge and past events featured on our NBC affiliate, KARE 11.
- Our booth at the 2013 ASLA Annual Meeting & Expo in Boston was voted Best Visual Appeal! Our booth design featured our newest dynamic net, GeoNetrix, that connect to contemporary towers creating a circuit of big-time fun.
- The treaded boardwalk and unique design of the Hillscape Adventure encourages young trekkers to master the sculptural challenge that mimics rolling landscapes.
- Our new Rushwinder slide meets safety standards around the world! Available for PlayBooster®, Evos® and also as a Freestanding option, this slide comes in three configurations for design flexibility.
- The newly enhanced Eclipse® Net Climber challenges kids ages 5 to 12 to climb to new heights. With only four footings, it offers more climbing space and easier installation. See this product featured in our Uniquely Landscape Structures campaign, Eclipse Net Plus.
- We’ve expanded our PlayOdyssey® Tower options to include a 10' Tower with Roof and 10’ Tower without Roof. With slides, climbing ladders, interactive panels and more, the 10' Tower is great for kids ages 5 to 12.
- Our new PlayBooster® 3-sided deck extension offers added design flexibility when additional deck space is needed.
- Children and adults will have fun while learning the American Manual Alphabet with our popular Sign Language Panel. Available for PlayBooster, PlayShaper and Learning Walls.
- Our Pulse™ line of multisensory games creates a unique play experience for kids and families of all abilities. Three interactive games Pulse™ Table Tennis, Pulse™ Tennis, and Pulse™ Tempo bring lights, sound, touch and more movement to the playground!
- Check out more of our new products, request your copy of the 2013 Park & Play Equipment Catalog or browse our Virtual Catalog.
- October is Sensory Awareness Month. See our 5 Key Benefits of Sensory Play to help educate the public on the importance of sensory play..
- Dr. Pepper Snapple and KaBOOM! are offering $15,000 grants to qualifying U.S.-based organizations to be used towards the purchase of playground equipment. Learn more about the Let's Play Community Construction Grants opportunity here.
- Landscape Structures in collaboration with the Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) Foundation and the STAR (Sensory Therapies and Research Center) are working to bring more awareness to SPD and the importance of inclusive play as a therapy tool in children's lives. Read more.