What is ISO?
ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies (ISO member bodies). Its purpose is to promote common standards for businesses worldwide.
What does this mean to a customer?
This means that a customer can purchase from Landscape Structures, a premier commercial playground equipment and skatepark equipment manufacturer with confidence, because we have the processes in place to manufacture a quality product while being conscious of how we are impacting the environment.
Landscape Structures' Certification
Landscape Structures received its certification to the ISO 9001:1994 standard in 1996, the ISO 9001:2000 standard in 2003 and now to updated ISO 9001:2008 in 2009. We received our certification to the ISO 14001:1996 standard in 1998 and to the updated 14001:2004 standard in 2005.
- ISO 9001:2008 has a process-oriented structure, is customer focused and emphasizes continuous improvement in quality
- ISO 14001:2004 drives us toward operating in a manner that is environmentally conscious
Both standards provide guidelines for establishing a company's quality and environmental management programs.
These standards are renewed periodically.
Landscape Structures' Quality and Environmental Policy
Landscape Structures is committed to consistently meeting or exceeding our customers' expectations. We accomplish this by adhering to this quality and environmental policy:
- Commit to review all operations to identify areas where establishing quality and environmental objectives will have the most significant impact
- Comply with the requirements of the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards and applicable legal regulations
- Conduct our operations in such a way that prevents pollution, utilizes energy and resources effectively and reduces waste generation
- Continually Improve the effectiveness of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems
For more information, visit http://www.iso.ch.